Whether you call it a side gig, a side hustle, or a side job, the basics to earning extra money never change.
Find a problem, solve it
See a need, fill it.
Notice a demand, supply it
Do something well, then become the best at it, and sell it or teach it to others.
The key to remember is this: you can take whatever skills and gifts you have, hobbies you enjoy, or expertise you've acquired, and make money doing it. Don't forget to GIVE something, somehow and somewhere, in the process, and go for it!!
You never know, your "side gig" could turn into your life's purpose.
Here are 115 ideas to jump start your creative juices.
1. Sell on Ebay/Amazon/Etsy, etc. - buy low and sell high. https://www.smartmoneybro.com/ebay-ecommerce
2. VIPKids or Gogokid - teach English to Chinese kids
3. Flip used car parts - used car parts are always in demand
4. Mow lawns and/or Plow Snow - wherever there is land, there is a need to tend to it.
5. Dog walking - people love their pets, but often times, lack the time or energy to walk them.
6. Tutoring your favorite subject
7. DJ or Mobil DJ - we love to party
8. Conduct Online Book Reviews
9. Do Voice Overs for audio books www.ericbowiesvoice.com
10. Referee or Umpire youth sports
11. Personal trainer
12. Process mattress returns for a bed in a box company
13. Donate Plasma
14. Drive for Lyft or Uber - Or drive for yourself as a local jitney
15. Participate in focus groups
16. Cleaning - commercial or residential or both
17. Server at a local restaurant
18. Grow and sell landscape plants - as downtown and urban living increases, so will the need for green spaces, plants, and rooftop gardens.
19. Buy and re-sell concert and large event tickets - Buy good seats at high demand events early and sell them last minute money.
20. Flip Houses
21. Buy and Hold single family homes / Landlord https://www.smartmoneybro.com/books
22. M.O.P.P (Manage other people's property)
23. Deliver Pizza
24. Wedding Photography
25. Mover - help people move their stuff from one place to another
26. Trash Hauler - help people or small businesses haul stuff or trash
28. Mobile video game truck - rent it out for additional money
29. Fix cars on the side - start an after-hours, or a 24 hour auto mechanic shop.
30. United Parcel Service (UPS)
31. Build and fix computers and laptops (or cell phones)
32. Teach older people to optimize social media, use apps, and optimize their cell phones
33. Build websites for individuals and small businesses
34. Drone photography
35. Play music in a local band
36. Handyman/Carpentry/Plumbing - almost every structure in America has floors, walls, and plumbing.
37. Nannying - babysitters still earn money. Daycare is expensive. You can charge half their prices and still make lots of money.
38. Dog sit
39. Make and deliver home cooked meals
40. Bake cakes, cookies, and specialty breads and sell them
41. Real Estate Agent
42. Garage sale arbitrage where you buy from garage sales and resale at your own large garage sale, once a month.
43. Market and sell CBD Oil
44. Mary Kay Consultant
45. Accountability Coach
46. Join the Army Reserve
47. Event set up company - Event planners and wedding planners can always use an extra hand to help
48. Wedding Runner - make runs on the weekend and day of the wedding for brides and wedding planners
49. Tie Dye Party Events for Kids
50. Mobile Notary business
51. Mobile Gas Delivery service
52. Mobile Car wash
53. Process Server business - serving legal papers and documents to people
54. Massage therapy - get a license, keep it clean, and earn money
55. Write books - self publish options are everywhere
56. Secret Shopper
57. House sit, dog sit, or Senior Adult sit
58. Public Speaking
59. Career Coaching
60. Sell Insurance
61. FOREX Trading
62. Become a consultant, or subject matter expert, and teach others whatever you know the most about. Everyone's an expert about something.
63. Virtual Assistant - help busy people get and stay organized
64. Food Deliverer or Grocery Shopper. There are apps that help you to do this for money.
65. Do freelance work on Upwork or Fiverr
66. Rent out your car or an extra car you own on Turo
67. Do odd "honey do" list/jobs for women, men, couples, and families
68. Monetize a blog through affiliate marketing and Ads. Here is one of my favorite blog post about the beauty of blogging: https://highfivedad.com/how-i-left-my-6-figure-job-to-blog-on-my-couch/
69. Stain decks and fences
70. Teach Music
71. Hairstylist, barber, or Make-up artist - hair and beauty is a multi-billion dollar business.
73. Security guard or a Bouncer
74. Design Vision Boards - create a website, market it, and sell them.
76. Clown or Magician
77. Give local tours of your town, your farm, your city, etc.
78. Sell your Paintings, Drawings, Jewelry, or graphic designs
79. SEO Consultant - Social Media Management for Individuals or small businesses
80. Tree trimmer
81. Window washer
82. Grow and sell fresh vegetable and fruits - sell them at the local Farmer's market
83. Make and sell body oils
84. Clean carpets, install carpets, or install flooring of any kind.
85. Become a licensed dealer and buy and sell cars
86. Personal trainer for youth - regardless of the sport or the skill, people pay good money to give their kids an edge in sports
87. Put up and take down Christmas lights and other large displays
88. Create balloon displays and balloon animals for children's events
89. Wholesale real estate - houses, land, etc.
90. Pick up trash in parking lots of strip malls and/or large or small businesses
91. Buy and sell used books
92. Become a mystery shopper
93. Refurbish and refinish vintage furniture
94. Create online courses
95. Create online subscription business - charge a small monthly fee of $4.99 per month. Sign up 1000 people and you make $4,990 per month. Just offer great content that people want.
96. Create a personal website and sell any service you can do
97. Be a personal chef
98. Extreme coupon and sell your extras on the side
99. Mobile pet grooming business
100. Start a Food Truck
101. Manage Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) services for small businesses.
102. Children's Birthday planner
103. Raise chickens and sell the eggs - check your city and county rules and regulations
104. Sharpen tools for individuals and small businesses (i.e. knives, shovels, chainsaw blades, lawnmower and tractor blades, saws, etc.)
105. Farm and Ranch help
106. Stage homes for Real Estate companies and agents
107. Clean and organize closets
108. Cut and sell firewood
109. Gather and sell scrap aluminum and other metals
110. Teach firearm safety, clean guns, and do minor repairs
111. Start a YouTube channel doing anything. Sometimes the sillier the better.
112. Rent a piece of your yard to companies to advertise or rent out your land for outdoor parities, or sell ad space on your vehicle.
113. Rent your baby gear - high chairs, play pens, strollers, and car seats. Why let them go to waste?
114. Rent out a room in your house. Buy a 4 bedroom house and rent out each bedroom. Lots of possibilities here!
115. Simply make a budget, stick to it, reduce your expenses, down size your lifestyle, and spend less money - this may be the easiest of all!
Check your laws, rules, regulations and statutes in your city, county, and state before attempting any of these ideas, and go for it.
I'd love the opportunity to discuss any of these ideas with you and help you get started. Feel free to click on the menu at the top of this page labeled SERVICES and notice the Free 15 minute consultation.
Share this blog post with your friends.
Good luck on your quest to earn extra money on the side!!