Helping Ordinary People Be Extraordinary With Their Money
23 Financial Mistakes to Avoid
No one is perfect, and everyone makes mistakes. In this blog post, I've compiled a list of 23 financial mistakes that are incredibly easy to make. I have admittedly made a several of these mistakes on this list, so some of these hit very close to home.
Check them out and see if you've made any of these mistakes in the past, or are you making any of them right now?
1. Paying little to no attention to where you spend your money.
2. Failing to contribute, or contributing too little, to your retirement plan at your job.
3. Buying or leasing a new car instead of purchasing a good used car with cash.
5. Living too comfortably with debt, credit cards, and simply believing debt is "just a way of life".
6. Over spending at eateries and popular latte factories, while cooking at home way too infrequently.
7. Cashing out and/or borrowing money from your retirement account.
8. Getting large tax returns, which is simply allowing the government to keep your money, without paying you interest, and then paying it back to you the next year, after inflation has de-valued your money.
9. Refinancing your primary residence loan, cashing out, and then later wondering where the money went.